Scottish Chartered Accountant. Heriot Watt University (Actuarial Maths) and Strathclyde University. Married, 2 daughters. Keen traveler, sailor, skier and golfer. Increasingly slow runner.
Senior Finance Experience
- Four years in Silicon Valley at the start of the computer era
- Nasdaq listed recruitment group in UK
- Managed very rapid growth across a variety of sectors
- Turnaround FD in a rock’n’roll music technology business
- Program Manager for US software acquisition by UK listed company
- Managed UK client’s exit to Tokyo-listed corporate
- Multiple FDD roles for BGF in technology & B2B services
- All the techs – IOT, aero-, fin-, care-, med- build- and TMT
How I help Clients
- Provide strategic, operational and financial support to start-up, early-stage and established SME businesses enabling them to find investment, complete deals, accelerate growth and move to the next stage of their development.
- Understand the financial mechanics of business and have an eye for what can be improved.
- Prepare companies and their management teams for investment and exit.
- Implement financial planning and reporting that meets the needs and expectations of external investors.
- Make sure everyone is clear about issues and outcomes at all times.
- Generally, having a low boredom threshold and a big network.
“Absolutely could not have done it without you”
“We would recommend him as thorough, energetic and highly commercial”