Three grown up children, Horseracing (spectator and relatively unsuccessful owner), Golf, Fishing and Cycling. Day Skipper (passion for sailing holidays) – lover of long countryside walks (with my partner and Ruby our Springer Spaniel). A late convert to Derbyshire rural lifestyle (after a lifetime in London & Cambridgeshire).
Senior Finance Experience
- CFO of FinTech – Investment & Savings Platform – PE backed early-stage business – cost cutting – business reorganisation (IT) and a series of fundraisings.
- COO & Business Manager US owned European Investment Bank
- Co-Founder of Boutique Corporate Advisory Firm – specialist in Biotech, MedTech and Renewables
Sale of Corporate Advisory Firm to Global Investment Bank
- European CFO of Financial Institution managing teams in 4 locations (including 3 overseas)
- Finance Director of UK Stockbroker – responsible for integration on UK / Overseas business post-acquisition.
How I help Clients
- Develop financial strategy, prepare business plans and forecasts
- Take responsibility for financial management (cost control, commercial contracts)
- Implement better MI and accounting systems
- Integration projects, business reorganisation, including post-acquisition
- Implementing an annual budget process and regular reforecasts
- Develop pitch documents (narrative and financial analysis) for fundraisings
- Working capital management and cashflow planning
- Develop KPI’s appropriate to the size and scale of activities and implement appropriate Financial Controls
- Manage tax led projects, successful R&D tax claims, VAT, Transfer Pricing
- Recruit, mentor and develop staff, building high performance and productive finance teams with an emphasis on creating a collaborative team culture
“I would recommend Phil highly for his strategic thinking and ability to build and manage teams. He was key in establishing a first-class finance, operations and regulatory function enabling the company to operate in a highly regulated environment.”
“Phil was a calm and considered presence and I appreciated his contribution around the board table. Throughout his time with the company, managing team members as well as the numbers, he added considerable value.”
“Phil is both inquisitive and keen to help, he mentored staff and helped them achieve their full potential.”